Monday, February 2, 2009

I don't get it

I just don't get it. The groundhog has seen his shadow every year since 1999. How is it that this groundhog can live nextdoor to Pittsburgh and see his shadow? Anybody who lives here knows that we don't see the sun all winter. What ????Does it come out for one day? Geeze.

Things are deteriorating down here again. Jim booked me for another night at the hotel. But instead of it giving me the Hilton again, Priceline gave me the Hyatt Regency in Bethesday, so I have to check out to recheck in, and check out again tomorrow. Meanwhile, Jim has a room mate with issues, and sitting in that cubbyhole is driving me nuts. I am exhausted folks. I can no longer keep up this pace. I have to set some serious boundaries and this is very hard.

I was thinking of coming home to pack today for our 3 to 6 month move down here, but the doctors aren't sure now that we are even going to make it to SCT. Jim's immune system is shot, which is good, but his platelets aren't coming up, which is bad. and blah blah blah blah blah. WaaaaaaaaWaaaaaaaaaWaaaaaaaaaa.

:-P~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gosh, but I'm sick of this. Anybody want to go for a magic carpet ride? Firt's it's Bill, and then it's Bob, and then maybe it's no one. First it's this and then it's that. Meanwhile, Jim isn't on any particular protocol, so he doesn't really have any one calling the shots. They keep going back and forth. But he is getting PET scan today. Stay tuned....

So, I have no idea, once again, what is going on. I think I may skip the Hyatt altogether and chock that up as a money loss and just go to Bob and Shelley's and camp out for a few days. Jim's not sick, just...well, stringy. And I have this strange rash on my chest. My dry skin is itchy and I scratched and probably caught some type hospital staph germ or something. I'm sick of hospitals, sleeping in strange beds, showering in strange showers. The hospitals are filthy. Ewww. So, I think I'm just going to go home...to B & S's. Unless the Hyatt gives free breakfast. I could use a good breakfast.

Last night I went to bed positively drained, today I woke up recharged. But my full charge doesn't feel like my old full charge. I need His strength to continue this pace.

Thanks for your prayers people.

Love Gloria

5 comments:

mary jo said...

Thinking of you today. I just came in from trying to use the ice pick on my patio and just shovel a simple path from the back door. Yah---It's not gonna happen. I picked but there's too much ice. I'm gonna call my sweet Mattie to rescue me and my driveway. I did pick and shovel the front walk so the mailman has a trail. I feel like one of Joe's Russian brethren. __I'm putting some praise music on and am going to enjoy cleaning my house today. I really do love cleaning to music. Dolly ,remember how we both have the can't sit still syndrome.I love you-this is not pity -I can understand why you feel a bit unglued right now. That's why God gives us each other. Heh how bout them Steelers!! I'll be praying.MJB

Rachel said...

Hi dear friend,

I just want you to know that I love you and I pray for you all the time. You are in my thoughts WAY MORE OFTEN than I'm able to write, probably every second of the day I think of you, well not quite but you are always very close to my heart and on my mind constantly.
I love you!
Rach

Anonymous said...

Groundhog theory:

Phil doesn't see any light at all in that fake stump they keep him in, so as soon as he hits the "semi-light of day" he immediately thinks he sees his shadow.

My solution:

Put the rodent in a light-filled room and THEN bring him out!!

I know, you're wondering where all this brilliance comes from...

...me too.

K

Anonymous said...

Praying and loving you both! And taking care of kiddos! It might not be a bad idea to go to Bob and Shelley's house to rest and recharge. I'm sure they would give you a good breakfast. Be at Peace. God is in control.
Love,
Judi

Unknown said...

MJ: Amen, and I love you too. I'm glad you understand. Not everyone does. But that's okay, cause the ones that do make up for the ones that don't. Hope Matty rescued you good. Gotta watch that dental work...

Rach: I think of you often, too. The tape I was making, well, I think I told you the casette player broke. So many questions I have and things I want to know, but...

Kristen: You're killing me. I laughed and laughed at your response. Our humor is SOOOO ALIKE. Scary, huh?

Judi: I'm going to B & S's, and Shelley makes a killer breakfast. Only she's not home and neither is Bob. So, it's cereal. But it will be good cereal. :)

I love you all.

Gloria