Thursday, January 29, 2009

We need prayer...Bill B. LISTEN UP

Hi Everyone:

Well, we made it. It was a hard trip on Jim, with him having had surgery. But we made it.

We just now, at 7:00 got into Jim's room. It is not a private room, as it is very busy here. And there is no room for me at the Lodge, either. I just did a priceline bid and it wasn't accepted, so I upped what I was willing to spend, and they accepted it. I would have just went to Bobby and Shelley's, but I'm just too tired.

We really need your prayer. Jim's platelet count is not up yet. This is what they wanted to achieve for the SCT, so it's really working for him. Tomorrow...at least they hope it will be tomorrow, they want to do a PET/CT scan. Because Jim's platelets are so low, and his stemcells are shot, if the cancer is reduced pretty well, they plan on STARTING THE TYPING FOR THE STEMCELL NEXT WEEK. BILL..............DON'T GO TO OHIO FOR SURGERY....

Well, this is what we were working towards. And this is what we were afraid we would never get to. Now that it's here, we've been doing nothing but crying. Neither Jim nor I have great faith that this SCT is going to work. We talked to the SCT doctor for a bit. He mentioned one patient with Jim's type of cancer, who went into remission with a SCT and some more chemo. We didn't ask how many he's ever had. We just don't care about that info. We already don't hold out much hope, so we don't want to hear more lousy statistics.

Anyway, we're feeling sad, because without another chemo, we just kind of figure that's 21 days less of time that we get to spend together. We're not trying to be downers, and it's not that we don't believe God can or will work a healing through all of this. We are, however, realistic, and we know how aggressive this cancer is, and we are so sad that this could be the beginning of the end. We love each other so much and we enjoy doing so many things together, and I just can't imagine life without Jim. It's so terrible to see him smiling, knowing that the next month or the month after that could be the last.

I don't ever want to see him in the condition that he was in back in Nov/Dec. But I know that it's possible, probable. I won't belabor the point here. We just ask for prayer. I would rather not have to leave tonight, but there is nothing I can do about that. And it was like cold water in our face to think that last night could have been the last night we would ever cuddle in our king size bed. So, please just pray for us that we continue to live in the present. We have been doing so well with this. I don't want that to change.

Thanks
Us

PS. Bill, you may have to come down as early as next week. They will be in touch with you. Zetta will probably call you tomorrow.

No comments: