Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Praise the Lord!

This resting in God stuff is fun and easy when the outcome is our way. :)

Passavant was going to keep Jim. I didn't think it was wise, because they don't have clinic at the NCI until Tuesday, and that's 6 days for Jim's cancer to grow, for him to get sick, and for him to get booted out of his STC. Jim and I talked, and he called the NCI to talk to the docs down there.
I layed in bed, praised the Lord, thought about the beauty of the serenity prayer, and just let it go. And they want Jim down the NCI tomorrow pronto. They are going to admit him into the hopt. Yippee. Even if I don't get to stay at the Lodge, at least I don't have to solve shower problems with Jim at our hotel, his temp, him not getting his chemo, etc. They're care is so great, I can relax and ride my sickness through.

And to top things off, Brother Tom is picking up Jim with his 4 wheel drive.

Wow, I'm excited. It used to take Disney, or catching a 20" bass for me to use that word. I have rearranged. :)

Anyway, we're off tomorrow. I have to run and pack and......oh a billion things. So, pray that we make it there safe.

I'm so happy. It feels like I won one.
:)

AND with Jim being admitted, we have the computer and I can update the blog for those of you addicted to our chaos. (I know you're only addicted because you can say things like, "man am I glad I'm not them." Don't blame you.)

5 comments:

k2shine said...

Psalm 91:11 For he orders his angels to protect you wherever you go.

We Love You drive safely call me when you get there.

Anonymous said...

Amen! I'm so glad to hear this news...we will continue to pray.

K

Sam and Maddy Karpiak said...

All I can say is, He is faithful.

Anonymous said...

I love you both. I have never ceased praying. Be at peace.
Love,
Judi

Anonymous said...

We will keep praying. Drive safely.
Nancy