Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sorry for the confusion

Hi Everyone:

I'm sorry for the confusion. I was in a hurry to leave and see my father who I haven't seen in months that I left a quick message.

Okay. We came home from Bethesda MD to be...at home. And then Jim's temp spiked up to 102.5. Because he was neutropenic, I had to take him to the Emergency Room last night. And of course, they admitted him. He had to received IV antibiotics, and he also needed 2 units of blood. We were very disappointed at the outcome of leaving a hopt. in MD to have to go into another hospital here. And I wanted to tell people and let them know if they wanted to see them, they would have to do it there, but I guess I messed that up. And I wanted to convey that while we are also frustrated by the constant everyday snafu's, we are resting in God's love. We don't understand it, but that's okay.

Well, I saw my dad, and boy did he look good. I sure missed him. Poor thing. The only thing worse in my life than my husband's cancer is my dad's Altzheimer's. But he looked good and that felt good to my soul. My sister has done a WONDERFUL job taking care of him in my absence.

Jim's temp is gone now, and he's doing well, but this hasn't been quite the respite for him. My poor poor dear. And his temperment CONTINUES to be one of peace, trust, and letting go. God's spirit is at work in our lives, that's for sure.

K, people. Thanks for your prayers and your visiting. Jim has one offer for a ride to Bethesda. I'm not sure if I can take the gentleman up on the offer yet since Jim is sick, and I may need to be there because of the temp thing, but we shall see. One thing good is that with Jim in the hopt. I don't have to nurse him and I am able to get many things done that I otherwise wouldn't have been able too. Poor Jim, tho.

Ok. TTUL

US

No comments: