Friday, January 2, 2009

2009

Hi Everyone:

Jim is doing well. Cancer well. The chemo has brought on more mouth sores, and he's very very tired. It's nice to see him in our bed though sleeping. He goes to the doc tomorrow. We leave on Wednesday to go back to Bethesda. Is anyone heading that way on a trip? Close to that way? I could really use to stay home 3 or 4 more days and get some work done. I have to get the van repaired, the truck inspected, tires for the van. I would love to visit my dad, see a friend, and go to my doctors, things like that. I know the chances are slim, but it's worth mentioning. John is coming home to take the van to get tires and repaired. Pray there is an opening. And pray that I can get into the doctors by Monday. hmmmm.

So, what does this new year mean? Let's see.

If you follow Notradomus, some premillenialists, Mayans, Incas, and probably a few others out there, it's 3 years until the end of the world or the rapture.

So, when I say "have a blessed new year" with that in mind, the new house, car, vacation, face lift, addition, promotion, cleaning the walls, getting that raise, losing 20 pounds, getting your masters degree, hoping that your spouse learns how to communicate, etc. etc. etc. doesn't seem to be of that much value. (I will take that vacation off your hands though if you would like. Face lift, too. This nursing stuff has me looking haggard)

So then I started thinking about this at 12:50 on New Years Day and realized I have absolutely nothing to say and am searching for something to say about New Years, and I'm thinking stupid things.

Happy New Years seems so trite. Blessed New Year...well what does that mean? To some it's the christiany way of saying "Happy New Year" as many believe that to be truly blessed you are happy here on earth. Even I fall into the trap of thinking people who have it easier are more blessed. I know they aren't, but...like I said, I'm grasping for words.

Oh, I know. When I click on the link to my blog it takes me to my opening page. And I see these words every time.

"Jim's Jubilant Journey. I named it this because even though Jim has cancer, we still have great joy, we are rejoicing, are exultant and will triumph....come what may. WILL SOMEONE TELL ME WHO SLIPPED THE HAPPY PILLS INTO MY COFFEE THAT DAY? AND WHERE CAN I BUY SOME? I'm just kidding, but it sure does sound gross. But I realized there is still truth in there. Come what may...

Oh, and if I've spoken to you on the phone...PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR RAMBLING. I ramble ramble ramble. I have never spoke so little in my life these past 19 months, and if you catch me in the mood, I can't seem to shut up. Even here.

Okay. Good night. I'm tired now.

PS. I was thinking. I'll take that 20 pound weight loss from you too. And more communication from the hubby...even a sick one. 3 more years is a long time to talk to yourself...geeze. A

2 comments:

Susan said...

Biotene toothpaste, rinse and gel works well for mouth sores.

Unknown said...

Sue, you are so right about that. Thanks.