Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I wanna go back

Well, almost.

Our furnace wouldn't go on and it was freezing. Actually our wonderful brother changed a switch on our furnace that was on the verge of shortening out and it turns out the new switch didn't work at all. But THANK GOD that was all done in the same day, otherwise, the furnace would not have turned on like it is programmed to and our pipes would have froze and....

But wonderful Tom came and put another swith in. Thanks Tom.

I've been working nonstop. It took me 4 hours to pack the van for the trip home, and Mark and Kim helped me unload and begin to unpack all THE WONDERFUL THINGS PEOPLE SENT ME. THANKS PEOPLE. It took me an hour just to get Jim's meds ready for him. Then Kim and Mark after working nonstop, too, flushes the toilet and waaaaaalaaaaaaa. It's leaking.

Do I have a target on my head? Really. Leah, did you catch that? :)

We think it's the wax ring and Mark can fix that (i sure hope so). But it made me think. How the heck am I moving somewhere for 6 months. And how am I getting everything that I need to get done, done in the 8 days I'm home.

CALGONE....

Well, here's some good news. I used my sonic toothbrush and am in heaven. Tomorrow I'm going to pluck my eyebrows. Sweet. Heck. I might go all the way and shave my legs, now that I have my razors. Life is good in Pittsburgh.

We're home.

I probably won't have time to see anyone, or do anything fun, but I'm home. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me know if there's anything we can do for you while you're home.

K

Dan Baldauff said...

welcomehome. Yeah!!!still under the weather here. You're home though-HOW WONDERFUL!!MJB

Anonymous said...

So glad you are home! We can do anything at all for you. How about you make a grocery list and I'll do your shopping for you? Let me know.

Amy

Sam and Maddy Karpiak said...

Wow, never a dull moment in your lives. Glad yunz made it back safely and that you have such a talented brother-in-law ;)

You haven't mentioned if you were able to sort out living arangements for when you go back.

If there is ever anything we can do to help, don't hesitate to call.

Happier New Year Wishes to you both,

Maddy and Sam