Friday, December 19, 2008

You know you've been in the hosptial too long when...

  • you know what they are serving on the cafetaria menu, Monday thru Friday
  • you give a newer employee directions to the gym
  • you recognize a nurse at the local grocery store
  • You only have 4 Christmas gifts to give
  • and they aren't under a tree
  • and they are wrapped WITH IV TAPE...

sigh

AND YOU KNOW YOU'RE GOING TO BE IN THE HOSPITAL TOO LONG WHEN, you start planning it such so that your Easter Holiday will celebrated with a little more "Jesus" then they celebrate Christian holidays with.

So you wonder why I mention Easter? BECAUSE WE'LL BE HERE ANOTHER 5 TO 6 MONTHS. 5 TO 6 MONTHS. YEAH, YOU HEARD ME RIGHT.

Jim's SCT requires that we live here 5 to 6 months. My childlikeness, snowangel making, catching the snowflake on my tongue, wrap the gifts with IV tape for a good laugh, 20 pound heavier butt, is fading fast. we're so homesick now, it's pathetic.

I guess I won't be selling perennials or tomatoes next summer. So glad God's mercies are new every morning. I'm going to need them 2 to 3 times a day to survive that. Well, I'll look at the bright side. I always wanted to see Washington when the cherry trees bloomed. I finally will. I need my bike. I'm going to ride my bike all over the place, something I can't do in Pittsburgh.

okay, that didn't work....

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh man, that's an incredibly long amount of time. Well, my friend you are getting your cross-cultural experience, like it or not! Maybe some day you and Jim will visit us in Mexico and this experience of being away from Pittsburgh will help.
I'll certainly be praying for god's mercies!
Why don't you drive home for a few days and load up on some things that will help get you through this long time.
Well, i love you
Wish I could be with you!
Rach

Sam and Maddy Karpiak said...

Hi Guys - you can count on us for prayer... I wish our list would get shorter - it seems to grow every day.

As for seeing Washington when the cherry blossoms bloom, hopefully you'll enjoy it more than I did when I went there in the 60's during the riots when we had to be locked up in our hotel rooms. Of course, who knows what's coming down the track these days. I hope I don't sound too pessimistic.

Some day I'd love to see your green house and your lemon tree, etc., but I'm sure, not as much as you do.

Wishing I could make this all go away,
Maddy and Sam

k2shine said...

I just had to come online and read it for myself. I know you told me all of it on the phone today but...sigh...I'm still looking forward to New Year. If it dont happen it don't happen I'll just go to bed early like I do ever year. Thats no pity party I just cant stay awake LOL.

Enjoy all your goodies you got. Mark does Santa helper tomorrow
and for some reason I'm exhausted.

Mark was so happy to talk to Jim today.

Love to you both! God Bless You. Prayers too.
Hey WASHINGTON Jesus is the Reason for the Season!

Dan Baldauff said...

That scripture I shared from 1col. a few days ago on endurance -yeah-why is it the lifechangers take so much longer than we think they should. I'm sorry; I know that dosen't change anything but I am. The good side of it all is that you'll have a Jimmy to see the cherry blossoms with. That's our hope in Christ!!Happy almost birthday Jim from your birthday bud MJB.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gloria and Jim,

Wow, that is going to be a long time. You will remain in our prayers dear friends. If we can do anything else for you from this end, please let us know. It's wonderful that God has put you in a place where you able to "go for it."

Love,
Amy and Brian

k2shine said...

Happy Birthday Jim!
You were the second person I thought of this morning when I woke up. I said today is Jim's birthday, and thanked our God for you and Sister. Have a great day.
We Love you Both and Miss you so much.
love, us <-:P