Monday, December 8, 2008

What a difference a day makes

Hi Peoples:

Well, Judy, if he did take a step for everyone in the family, he would be home...your home. And I would stay here in hiding. :)

Jim's doing a bit better today. He's receiving 2 units of blood. 5 units of platelets. His mouth pain is still bothering him. So far he has consumed 100 calories. He's had some bathroom mishaps, so that's had him out of the bed quite a few times. He's also had a bath. And he's awake, which is pretty amazing in itself.

And he's fussing. Really fussing. Complaining to the nurse and everying. Why? Because the DVD in his room won't work, and he can't watch The Lord of the Rings. It's been 8 days since he's attempted to watch it, which tells me he is feeling better. I'm going down, and he's going to walk and then finish the darn yogurt. Then he's going to have to drink one of his 600 calorie drinks. I got my work cut out for me.

His culture is back. It was NOT Herpes of the mouth, but Mucositis. I win. I should have been a doctor. NO THANKS. We're now waiting for the C-dif culture. Yep, sister. good ole' C dif. And who knows what else.

He's got a long way to go, but he's a bit ornary, attempting to make a few jokes (we know how aweful that is) and he's feeding himself a yogurt. It's taking 3 hours, but he's doing it.

I'll write later to report how he did on his walk. First he has to get another unit of blood. I think the blood has really helped him, too. When you're low on the blood, that's hard. And they really let the blood get low here, under 8. There's such a shortage here. Imagine the blood they go through here. It's crazy. Makes me want to donate, but I'm so beat, I'm afraid I'll get down and sick. My saliva gland may be starting to get infected again. Pray I don't get sick.

Talk to you later.

PS. I'm going to use the "take a bite for Junie, Judy, Jesus" trick now.

5 comments:

k2shine said...

C-Dif too. Oh Dr. Dolly it is.
hey tell Jim I'm calling and gonna hum if he dont walk. he'll walk so fast away from the phone.

Everything thing is ok at the house. Your meds didnt come yet. In paid mission pharmacy for Dad. Plants water. Fig tree looks about done with the figs. Moved the truck heated it up thru salt. Told Mark just a little cause tomorrow going to 50 and rain.

Glad today going abit better. Thankful for that. I'll await for more from you later.
love to you both

Judy said...

Dolly, press and hold the * button to take the phone in and out of couresy mode (vibrate or ring, respectively). Also, when exactly do you have to check out of the lodge and when can you check back in? Perhaps I can low-ball a few bids on Priceline and find you a room. Maybe you can come home on Friday evening and I can spend Saturday and Sunday with Jim. You could come back on Sunday evening? If I find a cheap room, I can use it Friday and Saturday night while you are back home. Let me know what you think of all that.

Anonymous said...

We are praying that this is the beginning of Jim's healing. Enjoy today and praise God for its victories.

Love you!
Amy and Brian

PS There is a buzz among bell ringers that we need to get started again. We'll need you! I'll save you a spot next to me if we ever get it going. Amy

Judy said...

Just for the record (cause people are asking), Tom wrote under my name, and he is the one who is offering to go down this weekend. Loving and praying for you,
Judy

Unknown said...

.