Monday, December 29, 2008

Still Christmas here

Hi All:

Well, we didn't leave today. Maybe tomorrow. I'm glad we didn't leave today though, cause Santa postman came today, and boy did we have fun.

You know the cell group we belong to, you know the one. I've mentioned it before. We've belonged to it for a year now and have never gone to a meeting, well, they sent us a big box of goodies. THANKS GUYS. Wow. It was sooooooooooooooooo much fun. I don't know where to start. Yummie cookies, yummie cookies, candy. And 10 fruit trees. Mangos. yum. But we don't get to eat them. They're not for the greenhouse. It's one of those Samaritan Purse gifts. I wanted to do that this year for a few people, but never got there. Anyway, there were candles and socks, and a beautiful scarf for me, and WONDERFULLY FUNNY and warm pillowcases. Amy and Elena made fleece pillowcases with beautiful fabric. The funny part is the way they were wrapped. A beautiful pink and green "garden" pillowcase, with handmade tags, made especially for Jim. Well, I laughed, and thought maybe her husband was there at Passavant when the nurses were teasing Jim about his girly pillowcase, so Amy wanted to really rub it in. And then I got one, too. WITH FISHING MOTIFS. Hmmmm I like to fish. I'm keeping it. Jim gets the girly one. ;) There were books, CDs, A Christmas Story DVD, etc.

Anyway, home group. Thank you so much. What a blessing you have been to us. Thank you so much for your care and love and generosity. I'm glad we were here to get more love in the mail. From the card, it seems the cell group is growing? I hope we don't split before we get to come... I think if we come home, we can come finally, or at least maybe host it. I'LL PROVIDE THE COOKIES. ;)

HOW DO I THANK ANY OF YOU. THERE IS NOT ENOUGH SPACE TO WRITE HOW THE MANY PEOPLE HAVE BLESSED US. We are overwhelmed. I could never NEVET DO THANK YOU CARDS. It would take me a week to write thank you to 1 person, as most people who are reading this has done soooooooooooooooooo much. I'm just at a loss of words.

I feel SO NOT WORTHY of all this love. All I can think is, it must be Jim.

Anyway, we might leave for home tomorrow. I sure hope so.

Jim and Gloria.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I mixed up the tags on those cases! LOL! What a trip. God must have wanted you to have a good laugh over it. We can't wait to see you! The kids and I are headed to Cincinnati for a month starting January 10. Hannah will be going to her conductive education/physical therapy class Monday-Friday while we are there. She has been able to take four and five steps on her own lately which is very exciting. We would appreciate your prayers while we are gone... that she will be able to reach new and great milestones.

Love you!
Amy (for the Smiths)

Anonymous said...

Yay! You got it!! Enjoy...based on your post a day or two ago, it seems like you "needed a little Christmas, right this very minute"...glad we were able to provide a bright spot! Let us know when you're home.

Love,
K

Unknown said...

Oh Amy!!!! How wonderful for you and Hannah. I remember last summer one doctor wanting you to switch her to a wheel chair. Praise the Lord. I am so thrilled about that.

Yeah....you mixed up the tags. You age, too, I bet.

A month, huh? I'll never see you. Sigh. But I love you. Thanks a bunch. Have a safe and productive trip. If Brian is home and alone, he can come on over for....for....for a night of poetry. ;)

Take Care

Hi K: It was fun. Oh, and I got earrings and a pin, too. I want to mention everything because I feel so thankful for everything. And yet there is a part of me that has been so horrible, I see this sin in me and yuukkkkk...And then I meet someone who has it worse than me, and more yukkkkkk, and before you know it...yep....yuk. Hope to leave for home tomorrow. Larry can join Jim and Brian for men's poetry night. :)

Soon.

k2shine said...

Sister, that was a wonderful surprise you and Jim got. Thank You cell group for making their day so special being they both were terrible sick with a nasty cant leave the bathroom bug on Christmas night and next day.

You both are loved by us all.

Ok I have mail duty today its the 30th, and await to hear if you are coming home for a week. Meeting David at 9am at your house after he drops Kathy off at work

Love, prayers, thoughts and smiles
me <-:P