Saturday, December 6, 2008

I LOVE MY CHURCH - goodies from heaven

I have loved my church for a very long time. For many many reasons. Many posted here. Of course, it's the people. The people who have grown in the Lord and live it.

So, we got this BIG GIGANTIC box loaded with goodies. I got some e-mails from a bunch of nebnoses who want to know what's in it. The nurses, too. I told them they were nebnoses, but they didn't speak Pittsburghese, so...

Oh, thank you so much everyone. You guys are awesome. Our hearts are so warmed by your love and carepackage.

Ok Ok. Here's what we got:
  • Box cheddar gold fish -yum
  • a toe warmer (heat it up in the microwave) (my toes are always cold)
  • Craisins
  • Big coffee mug
  • coffee
  • hot chocolate
  • Cashews (I will save these for Jim, cause they are protein)
  • a beautiful quilt carry bag to carry all my goodies in back and forth
  • Everyday with Rachel Ray Magazine
  • 4 bags of trail mix
  • mm's
  • stuffed cuddle bear
  • moola, money, cash (thanks, cause I'll be here a while)
  • snowman pez (hands off, sonny boy. Mom gots her own now)
  • Naughty/Nice Notepad. Jim says not to use it on him. I won't dear
  • Magnetic notepad
  • a book, "danger in the shadwos by Dee Henderson." I think I have to return it to the church library, but if it's late, they won't charge me... ;)
  • big bag of lifesavers
  • Knitting needles, crocheting needle, and a hint or two
  • yarn (which is great cause I have a knitting pattern book, but no yarn...)
  • Crystal Light Iced Tea
  • Tums
  • Aleve (THANKS)
  • Shout stain wipes (GREAT IDEA FOR JIM'S BLOODY T'S)
  • Vaseline Lip care
  • Celestrial tea - tension tamer (oh yeah, baby)
  • gum
  • Burts Bees Muscle Mend (I'll use it on Jim. Who will use it on me?) :)
  • Christmas socks (Jim said I could have them. Thanks Hon)
  • Guidepost Magazine
  • Backyard Living - they know what I like...
  • candycanes
  • Pepperidge Farm Snack sticks
  • gold cross necklace (really pretty. I have it on)
  • protein bars
  • fiber one bars
  • word search book w/ pen
  • Berry body bath
  • hershey kisses
  • antibacterial moist wipes
  • a beany baby dog, that I names Ruby
  • holy bible mints ;)
  • 2 squeeze rubber christmas lights, which are our only Christmas Decorations.

That was so much fun, guys. I hope I didn't forget anything. It was as much fun to share...on paper ;) as it was to get. Thank you so much.

Love Gloria

3 comments:

Judy said...

Coolness!!! I love your Church too!! We are praying for Jim's strength to be restored, for his fever and sores to be healed, for comfort and healing for you both. I love how everyone is loving you and lifting you up. May you feel it carry you, and sustain you along with the Father's Love!

Give Jim and yourself hugs from us!

mary jo said...

Some of the kids are home from Grove city today-my danny,friend Kristin,danny McCloskey and Katie.Nice-Nathan is here for tonight because he has a well site job in WVA. tomorrow. We all(big Joe) read the blog and prayed for you and will be praying. We love you and are so sorry for all the pain. How wonderful about the pkg. We rejoice with you!MJB&JB

k2shine said...

Goodmorning
My name is Kim and I'm a nebnose!
I will have to finish reading cause right now I can't see my big beautiful monitor Jim got me. I got as far as the Pez candy and I'll tickle you Sister.

Thank you everyone at NPC God Bless

love you both