Saturday, November 15, 2008

Stuff

Kristen: I'm deleting your last post. My sister got your number, and I don't want it out there for any old one. I'm not sharing you. :) By the way, I have to come down here, if this works, even slightly, every 21 days for a year. You'll be a horticulturist before this is over. ;) And it's all because of bible study.

Rach: It's 78 here in MD, but in Pittsburgh it was rainy cold, etc. as someone posted. So, you wouldn't be disappointed if you were here. :)

I can understand why you are excited Rach. Everyone, Rach's father had NHL, but B-cell. He joined a trial and 17 or so years later, he's still alive. It turns out the trial that he was on has been a big life safer for people with B-cell lymphoma. So, I'm thinking that's in your head, huh?

Tomorrow we will be married 12 years. In Sept. I didn't think we would make it to our anniversary. So, I am thankful to "celebrate" it with my dear husband. thanks everyone.

Gloria

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a roller coaster ride for you guys. What amazing news! The Lord obviously wanted Uncle Jim in this study. He paved the way so perfectly. He just may have had this study in mind all along. Well, I'll just be hopeful with you guys. I'm praying for the Lord's will and for your peace.
I love you both.
Love,
Judi

Rachel said...

Hello my dear friends, I don't know if I can say the typical "Happy Anniversary" but I hope you have a chance to a moment of celebration despite your location. It reminds me of how Nathaniel spent his first birthday in the hospital and at that point we didn't know if he would live or die. At least he doesn't remember but Gary and I certainly do! Not exactly the cake and balloon type of first birthday that every mom plans for her first child. But thank God that his future birthdays have been much better. I pray that for Jim that all your future anniversaries will bring only a dim memory of this very difficult time.
We love you!
Oh that reminds me, you should have seen Nathaniel and Bethany when I told them that Jim was all set for the trial. Bethany had her Elsie doll in her hands and made her dolls hands go in the air in praise to God as both Nathaniel and Bethany cheered. We're all praying!

love you

Rach

k2shine said...

hope this works!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JIM AND DOLLY!

ok didnt work here so sister, go to
www.myspace.com/k2shine

made you guys something!
It hangs right here for the last 12 years on my bullentin board!
We love and miss you both very much!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Gloria and Jim! (Today also marks Evan's 10th birthday.) We are so thrilled with all the doors God has opened to bring you to Bethesda, at this moment, which has been chosen in advance by him and him alone. We continue to pray for you every day and we can't wait to have you home again. We are starting a Bible study based on the movie Fireproof (like fireproof your marriage). Let's just slate you guys in as guest lecturers some time when you're home. :)

Love and Blessings,
Amy and Brian Smith

mary jo said...

Hi guys and happy anniversary! We pray for many more and that you both live to be old prune faces like Frank M. up at the cottage. I took Danny back up to Grove City today. He was home with a nice girl (Kristin from New Hampshire). A bunch of my kids were here last night for dinner and dominoes. Have you ever played? We have a friend who went on a missionary trip to Ecuador and got hooked on playing. He taught us. Prayers--MJ and JB

Judy said...

Happy, happy Anniversary! We love you!

Tom and Judy

John and Leah said...

Happy anniversary, mom and dad! love, your son and daughter in crappy, snowy ohio.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the well wishes. We love you guys.