Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Oh Boy!!!!

Nothing like getting out of bed to see the "check out" notice under your door for the 25th. Not a big deal, except when you think it's the 23rd. So, am I homeless? I have no idea, but will know so shortly. I'm glad I have a matress in the back of the van. I may be using it. ;)

Jim's day yesterday physically was the best so far for him. That doesn't mean he's not in the toilet today, however. Who knows what I'll find when I get to the hopt. It's different every day.

One never knows what one is dished out, but every single day I learn more and more and more what it means to rest in Him...to really rest in and on Him. It's kinda fun in a weird way, only because all of these years I thought that it required me to make things happen. LOL. Silly me. When it does require me, He lets me know, and I step in. But lately I, and Jim and have been stepping back, and believe it or not, the world still turns.

I'll let you all know soon what is up.

Love Gloria, Dolly, Sister, Mom, Friend

3 comments:

Unknown said...

in sidesways

Rachel said...

Hi Dolly,
I loved your post about resting in God. You got it babe! We rest in him and when he "needs us" or when he wants us to do something he tells us. Otherwise, all our effort is flesh even if it is "Godly" flesh (oxymoron) or better stated "religious" flesh.
I also related to your homeless dilemma. I sure hope something works out for you close by.
Our life continues to be one "adventure" after another. Gary was sent home on Friday with a "STOP WORK" notice because his security clearance was "red flagged". (who knows why! It could be the fact that we moved 12 times in 10 years and it appears that he was running from the law or some such crazy thing that they have to take months to investigate.) They have singled Gary out to be required to obtain a high level security clearance before he is allowed to return to work. As he and his co-workers joke, it's because Gary knows where all the cows are! (He’s working on the tracking for mad cow disease.) Anyway, for all intents and purposes he should be out of a job but his contracting company kept him working on a small project while all this mess is being worked out. He is working at home until all this security clearance can be worked out. If it can't be worked out then God has something else planned!Maybe we'll be missionaries sooner than we planned! We'd love it! Our support letters went out on Saturday so we'll see what God does!
In any case, I just wanted to keep you briefly updated on this whole crazy situation. At least, on the positive side for today he is working at home. Who knows what tomorrow will bring but for Gary and I, who have a meager $400.00 in the bank and a $1640.00 mortgage, walking by faith can get a little nerve wracking at times!

Well, it’s good to hear that Jim is feeling a bit better. Maybe the trial chemo has kicked in? let us all know how things progress.
All my love
Rach

Unknown said...

.