Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Day from Hell

Hi everyone:

I am NOT homeless. I am not homebound, either. I have no idea what is going on with Jim. It doesn't seem like anybody is connected to anybody when it comes to Jim's health care. I don't know when we are coming home. I am sooooo tired and sooooo lonely.

This day was so bad. I cried most of it. After the first 8 hours of hell, I hobbled out of sears with no PJ's for Jim, ready to go to the hotel and crash. He calls to tell me that he is moving out of his room into a private room, that I have to go back there and move all his stuff. I then walked back to the hopt. It took me about 7 trips down the hall, but finally got him situated. Moving him into a private room does not sound like he's coming home any time soon. So, as I wobbled back home from my legs and feet so swollen from being on them all day, freezing because my only coat's zipper broke, I couldn't wait for a hot bath. No hot water.

Time for my cherrios dinner.

Sorry I won't be home for your birthday, Leah. I wish you a very happy one, my dear. Next year I'll make it up to you. Love mom.

PS. DON'T CALL JIM AT THE HOPT. HE MOVED. I DON'T KNOW HIS NEW NUMBER.

5 comments:

John and Leah said...

no worries, mom. thanks for the birthday wishes. i hope we can see you soon.

k2shine said...

Have a good nights rest Sister.
I have pt in morning but if theres snow I wont go. Leave me mail where that book is for the machine and Mark will bring me up there tomorrow to get it and check on things then when we talk we can do the machine I'll keep the book with me till we do that.
Prayers and Love to you both

Rachel said...

Hello dear friend
I just walked in the door and read your latest post. I think the loneliness is the hardest. It's funny, most people would consider the 9 months we spent, the four of us living in a 9 X 10 bedroom, the hardest time of our life but it wasn't. Despite all the difficulties of living with another family it was much harder when we were destitute and living in a large home that we were about to get evicted from. I'll never forget sitting in the Welfare office in California and being given a coupon for one week's stay at a camp ground as our last hope before we ended up on the streets. That was it for this all American family of four. Friends were all over the country going to the malls, eating dinner with their families, and yet we were utterly and totally alone. All alone and "homeless" is a pretty raw place to be. I deeply feel for you in this time of being alone. I think that is what has stuck out to us the most, despite all the hideous things we've been through, we always comment that being utterly alone, was the most hellish part of it all.
I feel for you and I love you. God will bring you through this time.
I love you always
Rach
PS. it's hard being this open to the entire Internet community but our story is on our website so I guess I've already spilled my guts to the world!

mary jo said...

I'm so sorry that today was so awful. Please check your phone messages there is info. about free lodging that is bona fide in Falls Church if that's not too far. I looked at my altas and it looks about 30 min. or so. Check it please dear one. Call me if you can't get Jess. I'll definately talk with her because she got in town tonight and is coming here tomorrow (staying at her nanny house tonight. Call our home or Jess or Joe's cell. Keep his word in your mind so you have that peace even though you're sad and eating cherrios for dinner. Hopefully You won't have to do that again since you'll have a room. Love and prayers,MJB

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone for your love and concern.