Friday, November 21, 2008

ATTENTION ALL BALDAUFF SIBLINGS

Hi Baldauffs:

Jim is NOT coming home tomorrow. They want to keep him. While this drug does not work quick, they don't like that his pain has increased while on it, so they are keeping him to keep an eye on him.

And,

because not everyone had a positive response to this trial, they are seriously considering CTing Jim Monday to see if it has helped even a smidgen, and if not, they are considering another type of chemo to get these tumors under control, and then moving into a Stem Cell Transplant.

The Stem Cell Transplant team is coming to speak with us, just so that we have everything in order. They want to have all their ducks in a row, just in case. Part of those ducks is having all the brothers and sisters "typed" to see if they are a match for Jim. If you are willing, they will send a kit to each of you that will require a simple blood test. It will be of no charge to you. I think. Do not take the test if you are unwilling to be a donor. If you are a match, all that is involved is IV blood removal, almost like you are donating blood. No, they don't go into your bone, as Tom wondered. :) I think all bro's and sis's are eligible except for Ruthie. We told them of June's issues and Bob's prostate cancer, but they are okay, too. You would have to come here for the transfusion. Your expenses would be paid for by them, or if not, then by us.

I'm not sure Jim will even go through with this, despite it being a good possibility of it saving his life. He is very tired. And I would leave it up to him. I am telling you all of this now so that you have time to think and pray about it.

I will post more info later, after we talk to the transplant team.

Also, could one of you call Jim and tell him that if he dies, that 2 people will come down here and get me. He's laying here worrying, of all things, of what will happen to me if he dies. How will I be able to drive home crying. That's one thing I don't want him worrying about. Silly goose, Jim.

Okay. So, that's today's news. I need to get some food. June, tell your buddy that she was brilliant in listening to the Lord. I never thought I would be here this long.

I wonder what hospital turkey tastes like. :( LOL.

Thanks guys
We love you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am willing to donate -- of course! Also, I told Jim last night that I would come down if he died to help you get home. Remind him for me and tell him I said that he was going to make it!

Tom

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom:

Wow, he really is worried about that if he mentioned it to you. But who will drive you home? :)

I'll remind him, brother.

Love Dolly

Unknown said...

getting in sideways

k2shine said...

tell Jim, Mark would walk there to bring you 2 home. He's willing to be tested too, can have me too. Thou if ya had my blood ya might start talking -kim jabber-! LOL
love you both