Friday, November 21, 2008

8:08 on this new morning

Thank you so much, for your posts to "my crying." Today is a new day. I got up at 6:30 with a terrible headache, and my Extra Strength Excedrin, my friend, came through in a Jiffy. I feel good today. I did lots of research through Jim's files last night to note all the measurements of Jim's spleen throughout this whole ordeal so that the Docs over there have the quick version of Jim's spleen story. I'm hoping that helps them and Jim.

I feel very encouraged by your prayers, posts, etc. I want you to really know that. I mean it sincerely. It's my strength from the Lord through you.

I was thinking of these 2 good things. No matter who I talk to, they say, this is the best place in the world to be for someone with the difficulties that Jim has, and

I have never EVER EVER in my life met such wonderful, thorough nurses. They are kind, fast, sympathetic and excellent. Isn't that wonderful.

I called Jim late last night. He had talked to his brother Tom for an hour. I asked about what. His answer. "I don't know." Classic. But his spirits were up, even though he was half asleep. Thanks Tom. Thanks Sister for calling Tom.

And thank you guys for being my "Tom"

I'm off to see my beloved. And Larry. :-/

Love Gloria

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Dear Friend,
I am glad that you are feeling better. Last night when I read your post, I went down stairs to our reading chair, sat on the floor and sobbed my eyes out. I don't know if that is weeping with those who weep because you weren't there but I was crying with you in spirit my friend. I'm so glad you felt everyone's prayers because they were pounding the gates of Heaven on your behalf.
I love you.
Bethany's worship dance concert is this evening. She's dancing to "Light of the Stable." I wish you could be with us, not just to see Bethany but to enjoy the evening of worship. It truely is a wonderful ministry with such a focus on turning our eyes soley upon God. Anyway, I'll be thinking and praying for you even if I don't have time to post again until tomorrow.
love you!
Rach

Unknown said...

I wish that I could be there with you as well. It sounds so lovely.

Thanks for your friendship. I love you.

Dolly