Thursday, October 16, 2008

radiation

The doctor came in and they are going to radiate the tumors. She thinks it will help his pain greatly and add quality and time to his life. But I they also love pie in the sky stuff. But I've been praying for that anyway. So...

"Now I know that the Lord saves his anointed; He will answer him from his holy heaven with the saving might of his right hand.

Some trust in chariots and some in horses,but we trust in the name of the Lord our God."

So, I am trying to not go by what they say, but by what I see. That's not good either. So, I'm trying to go by what is unseen.

Keyboard soooo not working. Slamming it to get a space. You are still spared my many words. But watch out. LOL.

Jim's getting tattooed. And I thought he wasn't that type of guy. :)



Gloria

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Dear Friend,

One thing that has always struck me about the verse that says, "Some trust in chariots, and some in horses, but we will rely on the Lord our God". Is the fact that, in Biblical times, when people were relying on horses and chariots it was a matter of life and death in war. We think of horses as a nice hobby or a fun vacation activity of horseback riding but it is hard for us to think of horses and chariots as a matter of life and death. Yet, of course in Biblical times this was exactly the context! For me, when I've realized that it has brought a lot deeper meaning to the verses and to the song that I always sing about those verses.

Love to you!

Rach

Anonymous said...

I agree. I have always thought of that. In fact, when they had access to chariots and horses, they didn't even know how to use them, and rather than fret with this "Oh, we're doomed now" they continued to trust.

Good stuff.