Wednesday, September 24, 2008

UPDATES

I'm at the hospital alot, so I don't have time to write, so I thought bullet points might do the trick.

PRAISE

  • Jim's eyes didn't turn blue.
  • Leah got accepted to the very first PA school she applied for. (Told you they would all want you, Leah)
  • Jim went to the bathroom.

You know what. We're to give praise in all things, so I'll just include that in the bullet points below. We're praising Him for it all, through the storm.

JIM

  • Jim is now on his second day of chemo.
  • His eyes did NOT turn blue. Thank you Lord for that.
  • Jim needed 2 units of blood and received them.
  • Jim's blood is still low and needs more blood. I'm not sure if they will give him any. When Jim asked, the nurse said, the Bloodbank will kill us if we ask for more. I don't know if that was a joke or a joke that reveals a partial reality.
  • I don't know what that mean about his blood count not going up despite getting two units, but it scares me about the toxicity level of the chemo.
  • I called the hopt. at 2:30 in the morning scared about Jim, but he was doing well.
  • I talked to him this morning, and he went to the bathroom. Yippee.
  • He is emotionally doing well, too.

ME

  • I am a mess with my feelings, but God is using it all, and this is good. I have so much to share if anyone is interested. But not enough time right now
  • I got really scared last night on the drive home from the hospital.
  • I have a horrible feeling in my stomach constantly.
  • I am amazed at how wonderful the Baldauff clan really is. This includes the Rooneys, Synowiecs, McCloskeys, etc.

US

  • We were both so blessed by all the visitors yesterday. It was great. I like being alone with Jim, too, but then I end up thinking too much and feelings too much, so it's helping me as well.
  • We both feel very loved by our family and friends.
  • We have both made many new friends the past year, month and even weeks, and it amazes us.
  • We are sad to hear our Pastor Dave is leaving our church and that God has called him on to another place. We will miss him. We will miss you Dave. We so wanted to go fishing with you and Martha. We really did, but Jim's been mostly sick since we've met you. We love you. A lot. You have blessed us so very much. You are our friend. We'll fish in heaven. You owe me pennies. Lot's of them. :) It's hard. It's more loss. The past few years have been lots of loss, so that why I mention the friend thing and the family thing. He's giving back, too. I have to remember that.

Prayer

  1. That Jim be healed
  2. That Jim be healed
  3. That Jim be healed
  4. That Jim...get the picture?

Thanks. We love you.

US

5 comments:

chrissie k said...

we'd like to visit on thursday possibly. is there a time of day that is better than any other? matt really would like to come too... we can take turns coming in without the kids. how can i check to make sure you would be ok w/ us coming? can i get your cell from my mom?

Anonymous said...

We love you guys! Praise God that Uncle Jim's eye's did not turn blue. We are all praying. Even Ellie prays for you both. I'm not sure if we are going to be able to come to the hospital to visit. I'll let you know if we can. I love you. Be at peace.
Love,
Judi

John Baldauff said...

Yo mamma we are coming home this weekend. Trains? Settlers? I will most likely win.

Sam and Maddy Karpiak said...

I thought you might like to know that of all the comments/emails Sam received, he laughed and smiled when I read yours to him. It was the song reference. I didn't recognize it, but he did. Thanks for that. It's nice to see him smile again and God used your gift of humor to give us both a blessing.

I'm glad Jim's eyes didn't turn blue - I know that would have freaked you out... God cut you a break... Sam and I are praying for you guys and we are trusting him for every breath.

Thanks and know you are loved.
Maddy

Anonymous said...

thanks, mom. hopefully see you this weekend!