Monday, September 15, 2008

Only Jesus

Hi folks:

Jim is doing okay. He had some visitors on Sunday and that was good for him. It tired him out, but he enjoyed seeing them very muchly.

We are presently playing games with Health America, but we thik we will win this one.

Jim goes to the Cleveland Clinic for a second opinion on Wednesday, and so far it looks like he is going to be able to make it, however, I still may try for an appt for tomorrow. I don't know.

Jim is back on pain medicine, as it was just hurting too much.

I read the bios of the doctor we are going to see at the Cleveland Clinic, and I am impressed. When I saw the picture of him, I laughed, as he looks like a pimple faced kid out of highschool. But I like it. He's young, gutsy and on the high end of the gene pool.

Despite all that, Jim has an aggressive cancer that went indolent. Recommended treatment for that is palliative care, which is the soothing of a disease's symptoms without it effecting a cure.
So, we shall see what he says.

However, we still seek a cure from an old doctor, a great physician who is about 2000 years old. It's a family business. His father is a doctor also and he's been treating since the beginning of time. The really cool thing about this group, is that I don't have to sign releases for slides. They already know what's on them. They have great bedside manners, even if I don't sometimes agree with their ways or understand what they are doing. They are very gentle, too. They can treat any disease and cure any disease or ailment. One word to them, and you find yourself presently consulting with them, so you don't have to wait weeks for an appt. Not even a minute, actually. Of course all of this makes them the most sought after doctors in the world. Amazingly, if they don't cure Jim here, they take him home to their mansion to cure him there. That's not to shabby for him, but darn, they won't take me at the same time.

And the best thing of all.... THEY WILL SEE JIM AND TREAT HIM DESPITE OUR INSURANCE BEING DEATH AMERICA...I MEAN HEALTH AMERICA. LOL

So, it all rests in Jesus' hands, as it did from day one. I'm going to go talk to him for a while about why that scares me. Talk to you later.

US

4 comments:

Sam and Maddy Karpiak said...

"However, we still seek a cure from an old doctor, a great physician who is about 2000 years old. It's a family business. His father is a doctor also and he's been treating since the beginning of time. The really cool thing about this group, is that I don't have to sign releases for slides."
Brilliantly said!

Unknown said...

Oh, let me guess, you can relate??? lol

chrissie k said...

is it bad to ask who the doc is? (you know i recruited in oncology for YEARS.)

been thinking about you two so much lately. you two are beautiful. i love getting the play by plays of friendship and real life with you two.

love you -- SO MUCH.
ck

k2shine said...

what's the question? struggle with stinkin' thinkin', waiting for the other shoe to drop, knowing its Satan trying his best to make me take more steps backwards then forward, as he trys his best doing the same to 2 people in my small world I love and cherish with all my heart. God is working on me, I feel it. I am THANKFUL for that and I continually ask Him for the miracle you need.