Thursday, July 3, 2008

Obedience

Obedience feels soooooooooo good. Not in the sense of, "Oh, I've succeeded, therefore I am worthy." It feels good because I danced with the lie that "I have the right to..." and refused to continue to dance, through the power of the Holy Spirit. So, I take what I think is sadness for what I'm missing by obeying, offer it up as a pathetic sacrifice on my part, but what is a smile to my God, and what do you know???? It feels good. Really good. No shame. No self doubt (not that that is a big deal because I think to feel self doubt is foolishness in the first place because it shows that I somehow believed in myself, in my own strength, in the first place). And no starting over from the beginning from the bottom of that slippery slope.

Edith Bunker

No comments: