Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mending

Well, I guess I'm the only one who thinks my Honeybee is beautiful, as there were no responses. :)

Well, I am on the mend. I'm so glad that it didn't turn into bronchitis. I'm still weak, but I can tell I've turned the bend.

Jim, well, he's not doing very well. He was out of bed for a total of about 20 mins today. It's not good for him to be in bed, yet, he's so sick, and so weak. I can't imagine him going through 4 more doses of this chemo. It's brutal. He came to sit outside with me, and ended up vomiting, so that didn't last long.

Today, I called my sister, who has been using Jim's cell phone, so that she can take more responsibility of taking care of my father and the nursing home isn't calling here 24/7, but rather is calling her. She didn't answer, and Jim's message came on. I started balling my eyes out when I heard his voice. It's been so long since my dear husband has sounded like that. He left that message when he was healthy and we had no idea that this was around the near future for us. It's been so long for so many things. I miss him. I miss us. And I pray dear Lord that you would touch my dear husband and give him the strength he needs to submit to whatever it is that you want him to submit to. He can only fight if You enable him to. And he can only let go gracefully if You enable him to do that as well. Please be gentle with him. I can't stand to see him suffer any more. It's my request that You would make him well, without having to suffer any more. I almost hate asking that God, because I believe I'll get a "no" answer, and yet I know and believe that you can do that.

I'm trying to get over this darn cold, and then I cry, and my sinuses go berzerk again. I wish we were going to the wedding tomorrow, where we would eat good Baldauff cookies, I would fast dance, and Jim would ask the DJ to play "Unforgetable" and we would slow dance and he would sing it to me.

This will be the 3rd wedding we will miss this year. We feel bad not seeing all of you, our dear family. Have fun for us. We love you. Keep praying for us.

Love Dolly (Gloria)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will miss you both at the wedding, we will all be thinking of you. Your Honeybee is beautiful. I love you both. God has something in mind for you both. This can't all be in vain. I love you. Get some rest. I'm praying. Goodnight.
Love, Judi

Unknown said...

Thanks Judi: We will miss you, too, miss seeing your little ones dance and all that. I heard the kids had so much fun at the last wedding.

Love to you all. And you have to at some point come and see your Uncle Jim, you know. I know he's your fave (sorry Tom, Joe, Bill and Bob) and that you wanted to marry him. ;) You can come and see him when he's doing better, how's that?

I love you
Aunt Dolly