Tuesday, July 8, 2008

?????

I have some type of flug bug and am very sick.

Jim came home today, wiped out. His white blood cell count is down to 1.2, which means his immune system...which means he doesn't have an immune system.

We are both wearing masks so he doesn't get sick.

I can't do anything for him. And he can't do anything for me.

I probably have rheumatoid arthritis. Can't get an appt. until November.

Life seems pretty bleak the last two days. I'm soooo weary. Soooo tired of living it. What the heck is there to live for anyways. I truly believe the best part of my life in this world, as pathetic as it was, is over.

And then my sister e-mails me a picture of my niece, and I fall in love with my Honeybee all over again. And in seeing her pretty little face, God reminds me that life is good. It's amazing what God gave to babies. For creatures so helpless, they sure have lots of power.

Isn't she beautiful. I'm her Aunt "Dool." And she likes to blow "bubba" when she comes to my house. She has my mother's red hair.


And seeing her face puts the wind back in my sails until I get over my illness and can get back to the good life of Passavant Hospital, UPMC Cancer Center and Cooking. (There's gotta be sarcasm while I'm still sick, ya know.)

No comments: