Saturday, July 26, 2008

I hate Health America

The definition of Irony...

We can't go to the Hillman Cancer Center (UPMC Presby/shadyside) for the Stem Cell Transplant. Our insurance won't pay. But we could go to the Cleveland Clinic or John Hopkins.

But we couldn't go to the Cleveland Clini or John Hopkins when it wasn't cancer. Had we been allowed (as we begged to) Jim's cancer probably would have been diagnosed sooner, and we probably wouldn't be in the position we are in now.

But I know God isn't up there going...."Oh darn, I just wish they would have picked the other life insurance" or "crap, now what am I going to do." That's something I do. When I remember he's in charge, I can let go, knowing that.

Gloria

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
That was just what I needed to hear right now! How about that! I hope Uncle Jim is emotionally better. So excited that everything shrunk! We are going to Cooksforest tomorrow for a week. Ellie is so excited. I might go through blog withdrawl while I'm gone. Ha! Ha! I'm praying for you two and I love you both. Goodnight.
Love,
Judi

Unknown said...

HAVE A GREAT VACATION. Thanks for your prayers. We love yinz guyses.

What are you doing up at 12:19??? You must be excited, too.

Love Aunt Dolly

chrissie k said...

do you get to decide where he goes? to either cleveland or johns hopkins? if you get a choice... from all the work i did in recruiting in oncology, john hopkins was always the most respected institution. however... i know that there are really good docs at CCF as well.

blessings lovely.