Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Pain

Hi Everyone:

I know some of you are addicted to the blog...checking on Jim every chance you can get. Well, I guess it's not really an addiction to a blog, but a big heart that really cares and wants to know what is going on and how to pray.

Well, today's prayer request would be, of course, that this Chemo works. Jim's pain is coming back. This really really scares us, because even though he's only had 1 treatment, it is supposed to knock the tumor out, and it may have, but it may be growing again already. We just don't know.

I want a second opinion on Jim's pathology. I wanted from the beginning and every doctor said, the guy that read the labs is the best....well, even the best make mistakes. It seems like nothing is working, and I want a second opinion.....if they can find Jim's slides. So that would be the 3rd prayer request, that they can find his slides.

I have sent an e-mail to a doctor in Arizona who is supposed to be good, and hopefully he'll recommend where I can send the slides to, if they find them. I'm not sure if our insurance will pay for that...probably not, so that can be another prayer request, that if we find someone good to re-read them, that it's not tons of money.

I've cried all day today. It feels bleak.

Gloria

5 comments:

Judy said...

thank you for showing us how to pray!!! Please know we are behind you to be there for whatever you need. We love you dearly,

Tom and Judy

k2shine said...

Sister, I kissed her sweet cheeks for you, and if I could wipe yours I would, yours probably all chapped by now. Dad's good. Me and Christa visited. Yes we are addicted to your blog and now I know what to add to my prayers, thank you. So when am I making you guys a meal? let me know and if you have any request I'll make it for you. We are gonna stop tonight if not diffently tomorrow to take garbage to curb and play catan if you are up to it.
Much love to you both,
Psalm 1399-10
If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast

Rachel said...

Hi Dolly,

I am one of the addicted ones that you mentioned! But all for the right reasons of course.

I share in your concern over Jim's pain. I think it is wise to double check the lab results. However, it isn't terribly unusual for "nothing" to be working where certain types of cancer are concerned. We all know that sometimes it can be very aggrestive despite radical treatment.

The God who created the mountains, oceans, and Jim is watching over you. He hears your sobs and has your tears and prayers bottled up in Heaven. God is good all the time even when his goodness doesn't make sense to our human minds. Remember my revelation about God being beyond my comprehension in his goodness that didn't appeart to be goodness by earthly standards. God is good even when it feels as though he is an "abusive" husband rather than the lover of my soul. God is love and God is good but God, being so much greater than we are exceeds our understanding of what good looks like. We will all understand in eternity but right now we walk by faith and trust that he is good and that he loves us even when it feels the opposite.

All my love!

Rach

Anonymous said...

I should be in bed, but the whole house is finally quiet and I couldn't resist a few minutes on the computer. It may sound nutty but try to praise God for some of this. My mom always tells me to do that and sometimes I feel better.I also think you should rebuke the cancer in Jesus' name just in case it's rebukable. Anyway it can't hurt anything. Again, it's late for me and I hope you don't think I'm nuts. I am praying for you both and I love you.
Love, Judi
"I have put on my garment of praise. I have put on my garment of praise. And the spirit of heaviness is gone from me. I have put on my garment of praise."

Dan Baldauff said...

Hi you two, We are praying and loving you. It's late but we want you to know. Yesterday Danny and I went to Grove City for his orientation. He will start on Aug.21st as a physics major /engineer. I love that school. Today I was reading Isaiah 40 "Comfort ye,comfort ye my people...I love the part where He says "He sits above the circle of the earth'it's inhabitants look like grasshoppers". He sees us ,grasshoppers. He is sovereign. We are trusting in His love. MJB and JB