Thursday, April 3, 2008

He walked...

Hi Everyone:

Sorry I haven't been posting much. I have been having a really hard time personally, so it makes it very hard for me to want to come here and post. I wish Jim would come here and post. In fact, I think I shall encourage him to do so. He says he doesn't feel connected to anyone, well....come here Jimmy....Although, he has a personal relationship going with Nicolae or Buck or one of the other characters from the "Left Behind" series. :) He's reading that series, as it's a no brainer and doesn't require him to emotionally respond, or to have to remember something. It did lead to a talk about end times until 3 in the morning. That was dumb, as we yawned all day and didn't know what the heck, we were talking about anyway. LOL. Well, that's not true, but that's certainly true to someone who doesn't hold to the same position that we hold to. And there are many positions. But, I got all excited. It wasn't a talk about "sickness." So I had mouth runamuck and kept talking and talking and talking.

Jim is doing well, however. Today he took a walk. He took my cell phone with him and went across the street and walked up the street. This way if he couldn't make it back, he could call me. Little does he know there is NO WAY I was going to pick him up. He would HAVE to walk back. Just kidding. It wasn't a long walk. But he went past the mailbox. This is good. Also, his nausea is better this trip, as well. We are now over the hump of the worse days before the next chemo. This is where Jim gets a bit stronger so that he can get weak again. But each dose brings something new. He sneezes nonstop at times, and his neck is killing him. It looks like his hair is growing back, too. I've become accustomed to rubbing his head.

So, like I said, 3 down, 3 to go. Glad that he'll only have to go through that terrible rough stuff 3 more times. However...."It ain't over until the fat lady sings...(and that will be me, as I continue to gain weight as I turn to my old pal food), so when you hear me whistling dixie you know we're done. :)

But is it ever really over? Every visit to the doc, and every new CT scan, do you nervously almost die inside hoping that you don't see something again? Cause you know that you have to go through this all over again, but only worse, and join trials, and stem cell stuff and...well, let's not go there. But I wonder, is it ever really over? They say once you make it past the 5 year mark, you....Dear God, please don't allow me to feel this way for 5 more years...oh my!!!I couldn't handle it. I would have to say, bring on that rapture we're reading about.

Trusting Jesus for the little and big things
Gloria

No comments: