Monday, March 31, 2008

blog schmog

Hi everyone: I'm not sure if I like blogging. I feel like I am writing to myself. But then I'll get a response from someone and think, "hey someone's reading this." Thanks everyone for your notes to let me know this is not in vain.

Well, It's been a hard week for Jim. He's very sick and tired and sore. The shot that causes his blood cell count to rise really hurts him because as the bone marrow makes new white blood cells, it causes him to ache.

I really miss Jim. Jim really misses Jim. How do people go through this year after year after year.

Yesterday, I got a knock on my door. Knock knock knock. It was a gentleman from our church. He drove all the way here from church with an Easter lily for us. How kind. The smallest things that let us know someone is thinking of us really blesses us. Thanks church. We love you.

J & G (D)

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Hi Dear Friend,

I read your blog every day. It is one of my vista home pages, which makes it really easy to remember.
I don't know how people live with chronic illnesses for years. I suppose they develope a "new" normal that is different from what they once knew.

Have you read the book "90 Minutes in Heaven?" It's a good book on Heaven but mainly the struggle of physical pain and sickness that this pastor went through on his journey of recovery from a horrendous car accident. Our whole family read it and was ministered to by this man's testimony. I'll get you a Jim a copy if you are interested.

I just rushed home from aerobics so I have to get a shower! Love you both bunches!

Rach

Mary said...

Hi guys!

I set a reminder to log in and read your blog every Monday. But my prayer reminder goes off everyday for Jim.

I leave for Nicaragua on April 18th! My car died and so I'm grounded...no pizza delivery, no running around excessively. But no visits from me either.

What's going on in the green house? Do you have all your mators started, an'nat?

Miss ya and love ya,

Mary

John Baldauff said...

Yo mom, your son and daughter read your blog daily so you better keep it up.

k2shine said...

Hey I'm here everyday. I hate signing in everywhere ya go got to sign in ! LOL

I miss my sister and my jimbo.

I love you both so very much.

Thursday kraut/pork dinner and catan. Tell Jimbo he just needs his appetite.

Judy said...

I've left two messages, two different times, I guess I must of goofed up! I go to this spot 2 or 3 times a day, so I don't bother you with a million phone calls. I really appreciate this blog spot to get updates! We love you and you are on our hearts always. Call me when you have time!
Love, Judy and Tom