Friday, August 24, 2012

Ok, well, that was a quick change. Good news and not so good news

Okay, good news, Jim is still cancer free.  :)  That's actually great news.

But the doc just called me.  The CT scan revealed a much larger stone, and they have to do a hybrid procedure which involves putting a scope in my mouth and then cutting me along  my ear into my jaw and taking my cheek skin and flapping it over and then removing the stone and then putting the skin back and sewing me up.  I'll have a huge scar, and as far as nerve damage, the doctor said if it was anyone else but him, he would be scared...GULP.  There is a nerve there which controls my upper lip.  He says he'll just move the nerve aside and I shouldn't have upper lip facial nerve damage.  I will have a scar though.  Also, he said my face shouldn't be uneven.  Geeze,thanks.  He says I HAVE to have the surgery.  It's not going away, and it's doubled in size.  So...  And despite my long sigh, I will still say, "God is good."

2 comments:

Judi said...

Ok, I read further and saw about your surgery......
I'll be praying.

Mary said...

How are you feeling today, Sinner? Will this affect the Bible study? I'm still serious about setting it up with Skype or Free Conference call, etc - if you want!?

Praying for ya, pal!

Casey's home from California and asked about you! She caught some of your FB posts. She's concerned also.

Love ya!

Sinner II