Saturday, July 28, 2012

hip n hand

Well Jim's been staying off of the hip as much as he can stand.  And I have been not been using my hand....LOL, YEAH RIGHT.  However, my splint is off, and despite a little pain every once in a while, I feel confident that I can say that I AM NOT GOING TO NEED SURGERY.

Jim's hip isn't hurting him anymore, but he has to follow doctors order to stay off of it.  Of course we are still not following doctors orders to see another cancer doctor, but that's yesterday's news.  I just mention it because...

We struggle daily to cling tightly to the truth.


Philippians 2:14–16

14 Do all things without grumbling or disputing;

15 so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world,

16 holding fast the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I will have reason to glory because I did not run in vain nor toil in vain.

I've done my share of grumbling these past 5 years.  And it makes me sad in light of this scripture.  Jim has done much better than I have.  I do hope that we appear as lights in the world though, and that our race and toil is not in vain. 



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a light...you are also human...I admire you and your walk with our LORD.

Love you,
K

Anonymous said...

You are not grumbling... that's just the Italian in you oozing out ;)

Maddy

chrissie k said...

Amen to what K said ... hello HUMAN! :) Love you Auntie.

A. said...

I love every bit of hearing where you are and praying for you. Honesty in the journey is so darn refreshing. Bring it.