Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Jim's phone

1-301-451-3267

Not sure if that was Tom Jr or Sr, but it doesn't matter. He's very lonely.

I am at Bob & Shelley's. They are camping. Rege is here. Rege cooked me dinner. What a guy. He's a Colonel in the Air Force now. I said, what are you now, a corporal? LOL. I'm lame. Why isn't there an "r" in Colonel.

The guys showed up to do our two chimneys. PLEASE PRAY THEY DO IT WELL. It costing us a heck of a lot of money to finally get them fixed and stop a leak in our dining room, and it's hot and I don't want our new roof hurt, and we're not there to make sure they are doing a nice job. He sounds like a nice guy though. A really nice guy. I hate to pay for 2 chimneys to be repaired, and we can't even burn a fire. Dumb.

I wish I had known that Jim would be admitted this long. I would have went home.

Amy, thanks for the invite. Next time, I will call you. I am 1.5 hours away from the NIH where I am at now, so it would be fun to hook up with you next time. I am lonely, too.

This journey has been a lonely one. But not one in which I feel alone. So, there's the difference.

Jim may have to go off the GVHD meds. They just increase the pain in his legs too too much. He still has c-diff, if it hasn't changed to GVHD of the gut by now. But they aren't going to scope him. I'm surprised, but they certainly know more than we know.

I sure miss home. I have missed it for 1.6 years now. I have missed Jim for 3.2 years now. Jim has missed life for 3.4 years now. That's how long the insanity has been going on.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, sister! I never even asked you on the phone...are YOU feeling better??

We are going to Jumonville next week...leaving Sunday...I'll try to touch base before then.

Any word on when you're leaving to come home?

K

Anonymous said...

Ditto on the hang in there. You certainly have been doing that for a long time.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Sister, the Jim the chimney guy put on the cover Jim bought. looks good. told jimbo I would check out the work tomorrow he was cleaning up and moving the scaffold. If i remember maybe I'll take a pic of it so you guys can see it. goodnite and I love and miss you both

Anonymous said...

Hi, K:

No word on when we're coming home. May God bless you and your family while you bless others. Hope you have some fun and Matthew teeth are okay as well.

No, I'm not feeling better, but thanks for asking. I feel like emotionally I have crawled into a fetal position and died. There is nothing left to me. It's weird.

Thanks Nancy.

Thanks Kim. You don't have take a pic. I couldn't care less about them, really. I post on the blog like I do, but really, they can fall down in a heap.

Anonymous said...

G & J
I dream of wanting to help you guys in a meaningful way. Like I could slip another shrimp on the barbie down at the mountain billagbong.

I'm only 26 hours away (by plane ie) but send the best pacific vibes. Did I tell you I took the leap and started a new era RF Group after a stand-off with the TX list owner ... 84 have folowed.

Drs say I'm in remission. I'll enjoy it while I can. May you fight like krazzzzy you 2.

Gaz - under !