Saturday, August 7, 2010

c-diff so far

Hi everyone:

Well, I got stay at the lodge last night. They only had a cancellation for one night. No more room until Friday. So, I am heading down to Shelley and Bob's house. They are the ones we stayed with when Jim had his stem cell transplant. They are camping and their Brother Rege is living there while working at the Pentegon. It's a l.5 hour drive, but better than the lounge chair at the hopt.

So far Jim has c-diff. Not sure if gvhd helped to cause it, or if all the antibiotics he's on caused it, or if the c-diff will cause gvhd of the gut. It's very complicated, but there it is simple.

I'm not dizzy anymore, but I do have a terrible headache, so I'm off to find some bufferin, the only thing that helps.

Agnes, HELLO to you. Agnes responded to my last post. She also is a stem cell survivor, with a much better story to tell. You are right, the lodge is sooooo convenient, but it's terribly filled these days, according to Heather.

Anyway, don't forget, I DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO MY E-MAIL WHILE I AM AWAY. AND JIM'S CELL PHONE DOES NOT GET RECEPTION IN THE HOPT. I guess that's mainly for Bill since he's the one who calls Jim. So, BILL, HEADS UP.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

God’s eternity keeps all things in perspective

Anonymous said...

hey sister and jimbo. i picked some beans and tomatoes, 1 cuke, 1red pepper. beans came home with me LOL. sorry to say theres a cricket in basement LOL. Honeybee tried to find it. I took home the tomato's that didnt look to hot according to Farmer Honeybee who wanted to throw'em away Grammie. pools good still clorine in the basket. No rain and its dry. took mail in too. No cell phone yet. love to you and praying that you get home soon and have much pain relie, both of you.

Anonymous said...

any news on how long you'll be down??

K

Anonymous said...

Gloria,

How far is Richmond from the hospital? We are about 90 minutes from D.C., but traffic can make that into a lot longer depending on what time or what day you are driving. You are always welcome to stay with us.

Amy

Unknown said...

Hi Gloria
Sorry to hear that Jim is still in hospital. NIH is great but it's best not to be there as a patient. I hope he continues to improve and that you get some much deserved rest. Being a caregiver is a tough job and I will say that we could never go through what we have to as patients without all the love and support of our caregivers. I will continue to pray for both of you. Lots of hugs.

Agnes