Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Update

First the good. Well, better than good. The excellent.

We enjoyed a WONDERFUL week up the cottage. It took Jim a few days, as the antibiotics made him sick. I talked Kim and Mark into going helgie hunting just so Jim could go fishing. I broke my back getting them, and it costs us 70 bucks in liscense fees, but worth it. Jim caught a 21" smalley on a helgie and was in heaven. Now, of course, I almost had to bann him from fishing, as he thought he was going to wade in the creek like the old times, but I had to remind him of how susceptible to things he was. Anyway, we all caught a nice bunch of bass, and it did my soul well to see Jim enjoy this time. We had some good birding and golf cart rides. I cut the grass on the tractor that we brought to the cottage and it was so much easier on the back than the old cottage. Thanks Karen and Bill. Couldn't have done it without you. Plus, you had the grass looking so nice when we got there. We didn't hook up with Tom and Judy or Bill and Jeannie like we had hoped, but like I said, Jim was sick earlier in the week anyway.

We thank God for that very special time together up the cottage. That is what we wanted more than anything, even without the helgies. I just had to do that. Hello Chiropractor. :)

Now for the bad. Jim's biopsy of his legs came back and it is cGVHD, Chronic Graft Versus Host Disease. It's so weird cause Bob's match was so good. Well, we kind of knew it, but hearing it just brings the sadness to the surface. I know this doesn't prove that Jim has cGVHD of the lungs yet, but it's looking more and more like that is the way it's going. Pray that it's not. I don't know what cGVHD means, like can this become cGVHD of the gut? I just don't know.

Jim went to the hopt. yesterday for xrays. We think his rib is broken, and his bones might be more frail than we originally imagined. Folks, I just don't think there is an end to the health issues outside of a total healing from God. Sort of like Lazarus. I was in denial thinking we would some way get to our old way of life without it.

So, I don't know. But I know this. I love my dear husband. I continue to learn from him and be blessed by him. I pray that continues for a very long time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you both that you were up at the cottage having some good times. Do you need anything? what can we do for you besides praying which is a given.
NAncy

Anonymous said...

We pray that too...

K