Saturday, June 19, 2010

A good day

Today is a wonderful day. I can almost imagine we are the old J & G (D).

Jim is doing better today. He's hardly coughing, and not wheezing, and can breathe. Praise the Lord. Keep the prayers coming. God told me to pray for his healing almost 2 years ago, and I keep praying. I know you are, too. He can feel them. We can feel them.

It's always good when Jim is doing better, but that's not the only thing. The sun it out, the garden is beautiful. Really. I have to say it. My garden is the most beautiful it has ever been. Including my veggie garden. Peas are done, and broccoli, too. Until next week, when the next round of broccoli begins. The onions are PERFECT, and we picked our first ripe tomatoe. (YEAH, TOM. Beat you again.) Tomato plants are about 4 feet tall already. I beat my old date of June 24th. I could probably win the Pittsburgh ripe tomatoe contest...maybe. It doesn't matter. The herbs are doing well. Peppers, too. Lettuce is done, and time for more. Zukes are blooming, and cukes are climbing. Lemons, too. Figs almost ripe.

The flowers.....UNBELIEVABLE.

The sun was hot, and I was out in the yard all morning with no distractions. Jim and I swam in the pool. I cut his hair, so he's all clean for the NIH tomorrow. I will miss my yard while there. But I enjoyed today. If it wasn't for me having to go to the funeral home tonight, it would really be good.

What I did today is what I have yearned for. The sun on my face, looking at the beauty of the garden, with Jim by my side. Can't beat that.

God keeps this up, we just may go to the cottage for the 4th. Bill, you having a party this year? We're ready!!!

2 comments:

LJ said...

My mouth is watering...your veggies sound delicious! LOVE YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love you back.