Saturday, June 5, 2010

coming home tomorrow

Well, so far, all the tests came back negative for an infection. The team of doctors have come in and they said we can go home tomorrow and to prepare to come back when we are ready. They won't be giving Jim his immunizations until we come back.

The preliminary tests that have come back negative and show no infection, and those are the tests the doctors would use to see if he has infection. The tests that can come back the next few weeks are tests looking for other things. So, that leads them closer to thinking it's a possible GVHD of the lungs. Jim asked if it was possible that it was just COPD, and they didn't rule it out, but it seems the docs don't think so, particularly since the scans show inflamation. The only way to find out if that is what you have is by ruling everything else out. Anyway, at least we can get home and I can get well, and we get some clothes and my meds and take care of lose ends. We will then come back down in a week or 2 or 3, depending on the rest of our conversations with them, and I don't know any more about anything else. So, keep praying for us.

My left hand, I'm not sure if I overused it up the mountains or not, but the carpel tunnel syndrome is hurting so bad, the worse it has in 13 years. It's killing me. Pray for that, too.

Thanks.
Love Us

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're coming home...do you need anything???

K

Anonymous said...

Yeah. The rapture. LOL.

Na, we dont' need anything. We're good. I'm stopping at the outlets on the way home for new bras. ;)

G

Anonymous said...

Yeah. The rapture. LOL.

Na, we dont' need anything. We're good. I'm stopping at the outlets on the way home for new bras. ;)

G

Anonymous said...

well, I'll leave the bra shopping to you, and I'm not sure how much control I have over the rapture :-)...so, keep me posted for anything else!

I have stories when you return! And if they're related to your prayers for me...then STOP! :0)

Unknown said...

lol. can't wait!!!

Anonymous said...

I will be praying. When do you think you will be home?
NAncy