Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Back to the Hospital

Jim went to the doc today for a scope of the voice box. No problems.

He came home. Doc called and said the blood test from yesterday's appt. showed high kidney numbers, and he's very concerned. He wants Jim to go get another test.

Jim goes to the lab to get another blood test.

The doctor calls and says, can you go get another blood test, I forgot to write "STAT" on it.

Jim goes to the hospital for another blood test

The doctor just called and said kidney's still only half working. Numbers are high, I'm admitting you.

Jim is going into the hospital. It is a 5 trip day, counting the admission. As for me, I still can't get a name for a hand doctor because I still don't have my medical card because....and on and on it goes.

I'm tired.

5 comments:

Judy said...

NIH? Let us know, and know we are praying!

Unknown said...

No, Passavant. I know you're praying. Your knees must hurt!!!

Anonymous said...

It's me again ..... kidneys/ureters are getting into my (RF) domain ...... suggest you ask the hosp to ensure Jim actually consults with a nephrologist ... he needs serious attention as kidney function can deteriorate silently.

Gloria ...... your GP/PCP may know of a good orthopaedic surgeon 'cause isn't that the right professional for you to see ... an alternative is getting on the Google Machine to search for the national association/body of orthopaedic surgeons.

I understand your pain. My warmest thoughts and prayers for you two 'old crocks' !!!

Gaz

Anonymous said...

Oh Gloria......

and the beat goes on

Praying

K

mary jo said...

Hi Doll, You are certainly in our prayers. We love You and hurt with You. I pray this will come to nothing and we'll be up at Cherry Grove together sometime in July like nothing happened. Our hope is in Him. "Rom.8:11-"But if the spirit of Him who raised Christ from the dead dwell in You ,He that raised Christ from the dead shall quicken your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwelleth in You". Amen and Love, MJB&JB