Monday, June 1, 2009

Pittsburgh Stuff

Well, I had MANCINI BREAD. Oh, it's the little things about your home that you forget. They can keep their blue crabs down there in Maryland. We have Mancini Bread. And Mineo's pizza, but we didn't get that yet. Oh, and when I garden, no frogs, toads, turtles, snakes, skinks, and plague of all plagues....ticks. Poor Bob and Shelley sometimes were picking 5 ticks a day of their kids. Well, I say that all tongue in cheek. There are many things good in all places. Like who would ever want to live in Detroit for instance???? Um, hockey fans maybe...

Well, There is your spunk for the week. I try to be the old me, but it's not to be found. I mostly just want to vedge and hibernate and think. I've been so busy, I've not done my bible study like I had been doing, and I miss the intimacy with God, so I need to already regroup and put things in a better order.

I haven't even begun to go through the tons of e-mail, other mail, etc. I have to go to the bank, still solve the floor problem, and tomorrow, I'm going to see my daddy. "Gonna wrap my arms around my dad and tell him that I missed him." My sister says that he mumbles a bit. I know I'm going to go there and cry cry cry cry cry cry and cry. I'm going to want to take him out of that place (despite that they treat him well, and since we've moved him out of there, he's not been in the hospital once.) I'm going to want to rescue him. And I know I won't be able to.

Does anybody remember last year when we were up our cottage, one of the few times we got to go up there, with the understanding that it could possibly be the last time I was ever up there with Jim? I got a call from my dad's personal care home. He had to go into the hopt. again. And, the personal care home said they didn't want my dad back, and I had like 3 days to find a place for my dad? Remember that, and how terrible it was (much more to it than that, but it was bad.) That was one of those times where like Tevye I would think. "Now did I need that now, Lord?" Well, I just want to say, yes, I needed that now...well, then. It was hard with a sick husband finding a place for my dad, but the new place, while it was double in price, my dad has not been in the hospital once. At the old place he was at the hospital twice a month. God took care of that for me and my sister, just in time to get Jim down to the NIH. And that "last time" up the cottage. Well, that wasn't the last. Or at least that's the way we see it. We hope to get up there soon. Maybe after our next trip down the NIH on the 11th. And, miracles of all miracles, Jim might actually be strong enough to install the new hot water heater we need. So, there you have it. Life is strange.

Keep praying for Jim. He still gets a temp every night. He's still retaining water. His rash is still there, and now he has petechiae, and his blood numbers are scary. That's part 2 of his healing Lord. And we are waiting for your love to come down Lord, in the final healing of my DH.

Yesterday, Jim drove himself to the store. Amazing Grace.

Gloria

1 comment:

Kelly said...

MMmmmm Mancinis and Mineos. Working your way up to Primantis? ;)