Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Part II

I noticed how the first part of my blog was wanting to find someone with a similar story so that we could get hope for the survival that is possible.

Then I said I didn't want validated.

Then the last part talked of me wanting to find someone who understood.

I got an e-mail from a friend and it helped me think through this so that I had some clarification of my own thoughts. They are:

***I do wish that we could connect with someone with a similar story for that hope.

***I don't need validation for my many feelings, but I do tend to want it. Something I've always struggled with. Now is the the time to REALLY NIP THAT IN THE BUD. I think it's silly of me to expect people who have not walked this to understand, and me wanting them to puts a lot of expectations on them, and has me struggling with more feelings.

The problem is: If you know me, I'm not into pretending...that much. So, how else do you have a relationship with someone then?

"beets" me

Gloria Shrute

PS. JIM HAS TO LIVE. I will not make a good widow for the second time. We finally got the estimate to have whole house air conditioning installed. (one floor, mind you.) The price? $12,000.00. It took all I had not to laugh in his face. Jim is just going to have to get better and do it himself. twelve thousand dollars. Do they think we're nuts?

4 comments:

Sam and Maddy Karpiak said...

G... we all struggle in one way or another. I realized a number of years ago that my tendancy was to turn to a friend/anyone to talk about my problems and - you know what - they have their own problems and usually don't have answers. In one of my blog posts, I mentioned my trio of tormentors (expectation, perspective & control or e.p.c.) and found that when I start to get overwhelmed I try to identify which one of those things is out of balance. Now, maybe it's not one of those -it could be something else - but ultimately I find that turning to J.C. is the only thing that brings peace. I know you know all this, but I thought you might like to know that others struggle with hope, too and truly, Jesus is our only hope for everything we face.

praying.
Maddy

Anonymous said...

hi Sister,
12 grand they are as bad as the window people. I want to know who pays 12 grand for something like that. Laugh? Something is really wrong with that. I'm really sorry you guys had to wait for something they could of said from day one.

Mark's not home right now but when I tell him I know what he'll say
I'll FAN them for 12 grand. I know that it probablly has special air filters n such.

Turkey n stuffing friday nite with cantan? it's date nite let me know.

love to you both

Susan said...

Praying for you and Jim.

mary jo said...

12 grand!! Who would pay that? Praying for You and loving. MJB- I liked what Maddy said about e,p,c.