Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I forgot ...

Yesterday morn, Jim was bit in the buttocks in bed and scratched off a bug. It wasn't imbedded, so it couldn't have been a tick (despite the kids having them all the time) I squashed it, and blood came out. So, was it a bedbug? Well, I almost died at the thought. There is a softbodied tick, but I can't seem to find out if they are in this region. I took apart the bed....again... and see no evidence of bedbugs, plus they just don't match pics on the web. So I have this little sucker under the microscope, but we're thinking tick. Now, I'm not sure if they can test a dead bug under a microscope for lymes disease or not. But the thought of Lymes disease or bed bugs was enough to make me curl up in a ball and fade away. I know you don't get Lymes disease just because you're bit...it's been something that I have worried about since I've been here. Their dog is loaded with them and they are pulling them off the kids all the time. I know what to look for, but it just feels like the slightest extra thing will just send me over the edge sometimes.

Also, allergies down here are horrible. I have never had bad outdoor allergies. Well, I can't breathe, they are so bad. I can't use my breathing machine, so I'm not sleeping well. This morning, my eye were almost closed shut they are so puffy. Shelley and I walked at 6:00 and it was in the low 40's, so the cold air helped them and they just oozed and oozed, but being out doors makes them worse, so they are starting to puff up again. It's the freakiest thing I've ever seen. I was crying in bed last night, my eyes hurt so bad and "I just wanna go home."

Jessie called and she's coming down tonight to have dinner with us tonight and then to take home as much stuff of ours that will fit into her car. That's a much needed blessing I hadn't gotten any takers on that, and so thrilled to have our stuff come home and to be able to clear out Bob and Shelley's house. We're taken the kids playroom too long. Anyway, then I got a message on my phone that my best friend on the east coast (that's for your Rach... ;) ) and her husband came down my house and rototilled my garden and brought me some mater and pepper plants and put them in the greenhouse, and Karen washed my table and chairs and pulled some weeds, and someone was there cutting the grass from our church again, and Mark was up there doing something, as he's always doing, and sister will buy some groceries so I don't have to run to the store and.....well you get the point. I get a card in a mail or a gift in the mail and.... Anyway, I just kind of uncurled from my ball of pity as I saw how good God has been to us again through his people. I think you have saved my life while I was trying to save Jim's.

However, I'm still packing. It's kind of like that scene in an airplane, where the oxygen masks fall from the ceiling and they tell you to put them on yourself before your child or someone sick so that you can help them. Going home, routine and order is my oxygen mask. I don't have much more to give.

Oh, and for some of you wondering and such, the mold problem has been taken care of. Mark moved everything out of the basement and Bill and Joey went over and worked on that. My sister says that the house has never smelled so good, and Bill and Joey do believe that the new roof they installed last year has taken care of the water problem. So... Things are looking up.

ok, well I'm rambling again because...probably because these past 2.5 years have had enough drama to just...well, make me nuts. I wonder if you can get post traumatic stress disorder. LOL.

Tomorrow's the big day.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DEAR SWEET JESUS < We are desperate enough for you without cancer and after effects of treatment.Without You there is no reason or hope for our future.Please ,Lord,in Your infinite love and compassion end this all-encompassing torture and heal both Jimmy and Dolly.Bring them both back home,minus bedbugs and ticks,to enjoy the beauty You gave them in their home.Also LORD JESUS, please heal our Mike of erythromalagia so he can get a life. Love,Junie