Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Getting ready for Maryland

Hi Everyone:

Well, we are getting ready for our trip back to Maryland. We will leave Thursday at 4 a.m. So, tomorrow is a busy day of banking, packing, post office, packing. Poor Mark and Kim. I have worked them to the bone since I came home. Thanks so much for all you give to us.

I want to thank Bill and Wade for being so willing to take Jim to MD for me. Unfortunately we were unable to take them up on the offer because I would have lost the reservation at the Lodge, and with the Inauguration coming up, there is no room at any of the Inns right now. So we couldn't have that happen.

We don't know what awaits us. We believe it's going to be the 3rd round of chemo. Our Stem Cell Transplant (SCT) nurse called us today. She wanted to know when Jim was coming down and what was going on. She wants to start typing blood for Jim and his donor, who is going to be brother Bill, on Monday. She would also like to coordinated this chemo to be his chemo prior to the STC. But it's all Greek to her right now, too. She will call me tomorrow. She talked about postponing Jim's chemo.

If they do that, and do the typing, I don't think we can stay at the lodge, and there are no hotel rooms, so I don't really know what happens. I wouldn't be surprised if we just turn around and head home. Although I don't think Jim could drive for 4.5 hours, spend a day in clinic and then drive home again 4.5 hours. That would about wear him out. So, we'll see.

Herky got my car part in, so now I have new tires, and my power steering cooler is repaired, and oil changed and we're ready to go. Many things fell into place while at home. Also, I ordered new storm doors back in October and paid for them, but then we left and they never got installed. Well, a quick call, and the guy came today and now I have new doors, which will increase the safety of our home while we are gone. So, that was another loose end tied together.

Last night I was in the kitchen and all of a sudden it dawned on me. My husband has cancer. And he could die from this. In fact, he's been on the brink of death 4 times. It was so weird, like I haven't been living the last 20 months. Denial even at this stage. Amazing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll be staying with us!

Anonymous said...

"On the road again
Like a band of gypsies we go down the highway
We're the best of friends
Insisting that the world be turnin' our way"

Love to ya's All

Gaza 'Roo

Anonymous said...

One way or another the Lord will work things out. I'm praying for you both and I love you. Be at peace.
Love,
Judi