Monday, October 13, 2008

Thanks Maddy:

It's so weird. Just a few minutes I was outside and thinking, well, Jim and I can take this piece of wood and...and then I remembered. I won't have Jim next year. I can't believe it. It's like a shock to my system, every hour or so. Every day brings something new, something dreadfully new. And I know I'll be okay. But I know I'll never be the same, and I know I'll never lay in his arms, and go to our cottage, and laugh with him and taste each other's foods...and before I know it, I'm there. I'm in shock, that this is happening to us.
But thanks. I appreciate it.

3 comments:

Sam and Maddy Karpiak said...

I feel like a mother wishing she can make her child's pain go away. She finds herself wishing she could shoulder pain herself.... If I feel that way about you and I'm not even your mum, I'm sure God feels that way too. The scripture "Cast your sorrow on him for he cares for you." comes to mind... although I'm sure you have done that over and over. Love you.

Anonymous said...

This is exactly the sort of thing you hear about other families going through and you never expect it to happen to yours. I love you both. Hang in there. Praying very hard.
Love,
Judi

Deuteronomy 31:8
"It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed."

Unknown said...

Yeah. And this is exactly the sort of thing you hear about other families going through and you never expect to have to go through it twice in your life, either.