Monday, September 29, 2008

Sick of sick

Hi Everyone:

Jim is still very sick with nausea. Much of it is caused by chemo and the rest by his severe constipation.

Pray for both of us, because I am really bothered right now, and Jim is very sick right now. I spent literally 4 hours today looking at 4 drug stores and Giant Eagle for an enema bag, and castile soap. I finally find the soap at Target. I get home and Jim refuses the enema. I feel totally inadequate and defeated. and to frustrated to make a cute joke about enemas, and I'm sure I could come up with many. On one hand he's "too sick to manage his medicine" but not too sick to make other medical decisions. This isn't the first time, either. Oh well.

Just pray
Thanks
Gloria

6 comments:

Sam and Maddy Karpiak said...

Gloria - has Jim tried magnesium citrate? That will work.

Unknown said...

Nope, that doesn't work.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you guys know that I keep up with the blog and we are in constant prayer for you. It's weird - I feel like I am right there with you going through it all beside you, even though I am an hour away and so busy with my three little babies. Aunt Dolly, your writings have done that for so many of us family and friends...you really need to write a book, in fact, I am asking you to PLEASE write a book, because you are truly gifted by God in the area of writing...you are able to express things that we all can relate to - you are so honest - and then, no matter how broken and confused you are, it always comes back to the Lord...He has given you such insight into His workings in situations...my mom, sister and I always talk about it! Aunt Dolly, you are so beautiful inside and out, and you are such an example to us all. We are praying that God would uphold you, and as Jesus prayed for Peter, "that your faith would not fail" during this fiery trial. And of course, above all, we are praying that the Lord would heal you, Uncle Jim. We love you so much.
Love,
Bonny

Anonymous said...

Really the above comment was only from Joshua and Bonny - I have no idea where the "Amp" came from :)

Unknown said...

Maybe you're pregnant again, and you are to name the baby "amp" LOL.

Well, geeze, guys. Awww shucks. I don't know what to say. All of those beautiful words about me and there I was wanting to take that enema tube and....well, forget that. ;)

Thanks for the encouragement and love and prayers. It won't be from lack of prayers that Jim isn't healed, that's for sure. We love you guys.

Aunt Dolly

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha...that's funny! Let's hope not - I am praying for a few years before the next one...Love you!