Saturday, August 23, 2008

FIREWORKS

Well, I got a lot of questions and calls on my last "post" and I wasn't even going to post anymore because it just seems like its nothing but me complaining and moaning. It's not because I'm a negative person, it's because there's been a lot to complain and moan about. There's been a lot of good, too. It's just been so long since I've done anything fun. I want to go fishing. I want to go to a carnival, on a vacation, out to dinner, a movie, a walk, a bikeride...ANYTHING...

Last night I had a bunch of bad dreams, and today I was really sad mostly all day. I was getting ready to shut down the computer and I saw a big firework from the window and went and got Jim, and we sat on the front porch and watcher what was the best firework display either of us have ever seen. And having lived on Haslage with firework displays displaying every week through the summer, that's saying a lot.

So, tonight, we did something normal, and it was fun.

2 comments:

Sam and Maddy Karpiak said...

Several years ago, when Sam was dealing with leg pain and it limited the things we could do, I remember saying to him that I wish our lives could be normal again. He looked at me and said, "this is our normal." That was very sobering but now I long for the days when we could have "that normal" again. It's hard. Don't be reluctant to share the truth of your feelings. Your postings are reality and we can pray all the harder for you. I'm glad you got to do something fun. Stay strong. Maddy

Unknown said...

Thanks a bunch Maddy.