Friday, June 20, 2008

So far so good

Hi Everyone:

Well, we opted not to have the procedure. We were leaning towards it, and then all of a sudden while he was throwing up, he felt the urge to go to the bathroom, and he had a small bit of bowel movement and some gas. That helped us in our decision, and he's actually feeling a little bit better. He's trying to come home today. What's a girl to do with a guy like this. Definately DEFINATELY an answer to prayer. Thank you family and friends.

He can always opt for the procedure later if he needs it, in the meantime, they are giving him the medicine today that he would have taken if they would have found out he had a motility disorder. Dahhhh. That's what I said. Why risk it. Just give him the medicine. I MEAN IT CAN'T HARM HIM MORE THAN CHEMO. Meanwhile, he's already been on the medicine a few months back during a different time of constipation, and I have a bottle of it at home. Sigh. Anyway, it's certainly strange going from "could I possibly lose my husband tomorrow" to "I might come home today, honey."

I have learned tons and tons over the past 2 days and will share it with you when I have the time. And last night after spending an hour on phone with Bob Flower, I prayed a prayer that I've prayed over and over again, but this time with a "no take back" clause. After that, one thing kept coming to me over and over and over while I slept and today.

"Aslan's on the move."

So, I shared this with Judy, and when she asked Tom the same questions that I was asking, Tom's response was. "Aslan's not a tame lion."

So... I'll share more later, but my Jimmy may be coming home. 21 pounds less than he weighed when he went it, but he may be coming home.

Gloria

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Great news! Praise God. I agonized in prayer for you both today.

Would love to hear what you've been learning..............

Hey, once upon a time, WAY BACK at Gary's Bible studies you said that you didn't like Narnia and didn't "get it". Has marriage changed your opinion? Hope so! LOL

Love you both bunches

Rach

Anonymous said...

Praise God! I've been praying alot too! I love you both.

Love, Judi and Andy

Unknown said...

No. I'm still not a Narnia fan, although I loved the movie. However, I love Aslan. And he is on the move, and he's not tame. :) I'll be sharing.