Wednesday, June 18, 2008

sigh

Well, Jim is STILL in the hospital.

I'll tell you. Don't ever get chemo unless you're serious about living. It's that bad. Most of you probably know that though as cancer seems to touch enough people that we all get a taste of it. Some more than others.

I'll spare you the gorry details, but discovered another way that God has grown me up. I am the baby in the family, and well....I just don't do body fluids. Well, I "didn't" do body fluids. Just Johnny's. His was the only diaper I was able to change, ever.

Well, after my mom's cancer, and my dad's hospital stays, and now Jim, heck....1,2, puke, blood, needles, bed sores, enemas, suppositories, you name it, I can do it. Thanks God!!!

Yesterday, Jim was plugged up with 1 and 2 and was getting blood. But he threw up green...well, that was in the morning. What he threw up in the evening was red. For the second time since Jim has been ill, I seriously thought that perhaps he was declining and may die.

Today he did much better. He had a gastrograffin (sp) enema. He does not have an obstruction, but he is still full of bowel, and nothing is moving. He only threw up 2 times in the morning, was looking better for me, my sister and Tom. But then he threw up again late tonite. I sure hope he can come home before he has to go back in for the next round.

No comments: