Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Results are in

Hi Everyone:

We just got off the phone with the doctor. As suspected, the cancer is back.

I'm a bundle of jumping nerves, so forgive me if I sound goofy as I try and report what he said.

He said that there was significant activity compared with the last PET scan. There is "intense activity" of cancer in his abdomen. "Major." There is also activity near the 3rd portion near the duodenum. Also in the mesentary. He also has activity on the left colar bone. His spleen is still swollen. Could possibly be cancer there, too.

He doesn't need another bone marrow biopsy because the Doctor said it doesn't make a difference right now. Treatment would be the same, so why put him through that.

He has an appt. tomorrow morning, and they will probably put Jim in the hospital right away to start a 5-day dose of infused chemo.

Doc said, "IF" Jim has a favorable response, they would then take a bone marrow biopsy because he will need to have stem cell transplant.

I will know more tomorrow, after we meet with the doctor.

Please pray for my honeybunch. He's crying because he doesn't want to leave me.

He is sooooo tired. This makes the 10th hospital stay.

Here's what I thought of in the past 5 minutes. I'm losing my husband. Our med bills are stacking up. Our paycheck is going down. Wednesday's they have rice krispie treats in the cafeteria. I'm not losing my husband. How can my garden look so pretty when my Jumbo is so sick? I have to cut the grass soon. Did I pay that one bill? This would be a great time for the rapture. How come everyone else's life is moving along? Why doesn't it come to a stop when mine comes to a stop? We would rather be at the fancy wedding in Texas.

I know all of this isn't happening because of the lack of prayers.

Keep praying still
Gloria

3 comments:

Deb said...

Gloria, We'll mow your lawn. I have two teenage sons who are available. Shall we bring our own lawn mower or use yours?

Love,
Deb

Unknown said...

Deb:

First, let me say how sorry I am about your father. I'm glad he's with Jesus. I hope your mom is okay. Is she home with you? Your sister? Are you okay? I think of you often. Nancy was here, and she had told me about him passing away. I remember you sharing about him falling a few years back and how life had changed for him. God Bless you.

Hope the Philly games will still bring you joy. Every time I hear a Pirate game on the radio, it takes me back to when I was a little girl and I would listen to the game with my dad. I actually was bored most of the time, but what a powerful memory. Go Phillys. Forget the Pirates... :)


Thanks so much for the grass cutting offer. God must be laying this on people's heart. Brian Smith nabbed this week's cutting. It won't need it until Friday, and that's when he's doing it. Would your boys be willing to do it the following Friday? Or some other Friday?

I have 2 mowers here, so that's not a problem.

We're getting ready to go to the doctor now. Needless to say, my heart is in the pit of my stomach. I'm terrified if I walk outside of remembering who Jim and I are to God, and His Power, Comfort and Compassion.

Love to you
Gloria

Judy said...

We are praying, and we love you, and are here.
Tom and Judy